Updated: Jul 26
A brief history of a legendary ball the Titleist Pro V1.
I remember winning a sleeve of Pro V1 golf balls in a club competition in 2001. My golfing idol Retief Goosen had just won the 2001 US Open using the ball, to say I was excited was an understatement. Nineteen years later this is still the most used ball on tour, has racked up an incredible amount of tournament and Major wins.
There is no ball on the market that has such allure or appeal.
All the stories I have heard over the years about this ball from my clients are endless and a true testament to a golf giant.
I have dug out a few of the milestones achieved by this amazing ball.
1. Year 2000 the legend is born.
2. later in 2000 Billy Andrade wins the Invensys Classic, the first tour win
3. Year 2001 the Titleist Pro V1 becomes the best selling ball on the market in March. This is a feat it has never given up and has been the number one seller ever since.
4. Year 2001 the Major Success comes in the form of South African Retief Goosen at the US Open hosted at Southern Hills.
5. Thirty nine Majors and counting.
6. Year 2003 the twin is born, in March Titleist release the Pro V1x and a improved Pro V1 model.
7. One ball for all Major wins, Brooks Koepka wins all four of his Major titles using the Pro V1x.
8. Year 2019 a splash of colour, a yellow colour option in both variants are released in March.
Give Away time: A dozen balls to the first person to correctly identify the first LPGA tour player to win using a Titleist Pro V1. (Ts & Cs apply)
Shop in our Amazon Golf Shop for the Titleist Pro V1.